How do I Become a Volunteer?
- Application: The first step in becoming a volunteer with SAY is to complete a volunteer application. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Marion Liszkowsi, at (858) 565-4148 ext. 261 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application.
- Interview: All volunteers need to meet with the Volunteer Coordinator at our Kearny Mesa office. The interview will take about 30 minutes and is used to discuss your volunteer interests as well as our programs and volunteer opportunities so that we can find a great match for you.
- Orientation: Volunteer orientations are held once per month at our Kearny Mesa office and take about one hour. During the orientation, we will complete a confidentiality training, discuss the screening process, and fill out paperwork.
- Screenings: All volunteers (except special event only volunteers) must complete and pass the following screenings:
- Dept. of Justice and FBI background checks – The fingerprints are done at our Live Scan site in Mission Valley.
- Tuberculosis (TB) test – You will be given a list of clinic locations that you can choose from to complete this test. A TB test consists of an injection in your forearm. A follow-up visit to the clinic is required 2-3 days after you receive the injection.
- Drug test – You will be given a list of clinic locations that you can choose from to complete this test.
- Reference checks – The references that you provide on your application will be contacted via email or phone.
- Driving record checks are also completed when applicable to the volunteer position.
** All of the required screenings are paid for by SAY **
- Placement: After the Volunteer Coordinator receives all of your screening results and you are cleared, you will be able to start volunteering and making a difference in a child’s or youth’s life!
Contact us now to sign up as a volunteer!
Call (858)-565-4148 ext. 261 or email email@example.com
Back to Top