|| Center Director / Lead Teacher
||40 hours / week
The Center Director / Lead Teacher will implement an innovative preschool & infant program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to teaching, supervising and implementing the educational school readiness experiences and developmental milestones for children. This is more than a “job” we are looking for staff that has the desire to provide a safe, fun, educational environment for children ages 6 weeks – 5 years old. See complete job description and requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications):
- Minimum 1-year experience in the supervision and management of early childhood programs.
- Minimum 1-year teaching experience in early childhood programs.
- BA in Child Development/Early Childhood Education preferred or AA degree in Early Childhood Education plus 2 years teaching experience or possesses current CA Children’s Center Site Supervisor/Director Permit.
- Successfully completed core ECE units plus 3 units administration and 3 units related to infant care.
- Must be at least age 18 at time of hire.
- Ability to relate well with children and adults.
- Must pass TB and health screening and provide proof of immunizations.
- Must have 16 hours of health, safety and nutrition- Preventative Health.
- Obtain Pediatric CPR and First aid certificate within 30 days of employment.
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language (fluency in another foreign language may be required for designated assignments).
SAY San Diego, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.