|| Communications & External Relations Manager
||25 hours per week
The Communications & External Relations Manager plans and implements strategies to increase broad public understanding of and appreciation for the scope and impact of SAY San Diego, a major San Diego County nonprofit organization. The Communications & External Relations Manager has a track record of excellence in nonprofit communications and outreach, embraces the SAY San Diego mission, is excellent at developing strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, is highly skilled in social media and digital media, and is a strategic and solutions-oriented leader. This position reports to the VP of Organizational Planning and works closely with the CEO, Board of Directors and senior leadership team. See complete job description and requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications):
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Social Work, or related field.
- A minimum of five years of experience developing creative content to demonstrate impact, value, and innovative solutions in the social/human services sector.
- Strong facility and fluency in e-communications, including social media, web content, e-newsletters, photos and video, and more.
- Demonstrated experience developing communications content, relationships, and engagement to advance equity, diversity and inclusion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to write persuasively and effectively for diverse audiences.
- Ability to produce creative content in visual and social media.
- Strong initiative, self-starter with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to keep projects on time and budget.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (including presentation skills).
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity and demonstrated ability using customer relationship management and/or donor database systems desired.
- Event support, related planning and management skills preferred.
SAY San Diego, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.