|| Community Organizer I – ATOD
||40 hours per week
The Community Organizer is responsible for the development and facilitation of a tobacco prevention and education program for youth and communities in the North Central Region. See complete job description and requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or working towards one.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Experience in community and economic development working with collaborative efforts and/or similar initiatives relevant to ATOD environmental prevention.
- Experience in working with teens on ATOD prevention activities, gang prevention, and/or leadership development.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and be willing to use it for job-related tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to work with diverse community and neighborhood organizations and constituencies.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with youth.
- Understanding public health impacts for tobacco and tobacco-related products
SAY San Diego, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.