The Communications Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of communications and events designed to increase stature and support of a major nonprofit organization. This staff person serves as the agency’s steward of unified branding and the lead developer, editor, coordinator of communications. This position reports to the VP of Resource Development and works closely with program directors. The ideal candidate has a track record of excellence in nonprofit communications, embraces the SAY San Diego mission, and is a strategic and solutions-oriented leader. See complete job description and requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
- Five or more years of experience creating content for an array of communications, including social media, email campaigns, web content, newsletters, agency collaterals, video, and more.
- Nonprofit sector experience with communications, events, and fundraising.
- Experience training and supervising support staff, interns, or volunteers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to write persuasively and effectively for varying audiences.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, coordinate and implement communications and related activities.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communications skills (including presenting in public settings and collaborating with others).
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.