The In-Kind Donations Coordinator is primarily responsible in-kind gifts (non-cash donations): soliciting donors, developing and stewarding relationships, tracking and recording gifts, coordinating in-kind drives, and distribution of items to approved SAY and partner staff. The In-Kind Donations Coordinator works closely with the Volunteer Engagement Manager to coordinate appropriate number of volunteers for sorting, inventory, loading/unloading, securely storing donations, and facilitating program staff pick up of donations. See complete job description and requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-2 years prior experience in fundraising/development/sales
- Experience working with a non-profit and using a donor/customer tracking system a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Internet savvy—ability to gather research/information online.
- Basic database management and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proactive, team oriented, highly organized, and detail oriented.
- Familiarity with and understanding of donors focused on vulnerable youth and family populations preferred.
- Must represent SAY San Diego and the Resource Development Department in a professional manner including but not limited to attire appropriate to position, punctuality and communication skills.