|| Human Resources Assistant
||40 hours per week
Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Assistant will proactively perform daily departmental responsibilities including, but not limited to: administering of pre-screening, processing, hiring and onboarding of new employees, workers compensation, safety programs, new hire orientation, performance management, HRIS administration, assistance with recruitment and benefits (during high volume recruitment and open enrollment), communicating effectively at different levels of the organization, and assisting with training and other Human Resources related tasks. This position demonstrates a high-level of integrity, customer service to our employees and vendors. Compiles data to ensure compliance of contracts (i.e., fingerprints, TB, First Aide, CPR, etc.). See complete job description and requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or at least 2 years training in human resources; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with HRIS system preferred.
- Human Resources Certification is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of California Government, Federal, State and local laws (i.e., COBRA, FLSA, EEO, OSHA, Workers Comp, ADA and HIPPA).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Possess strong customer focus.
- Sensitivity awareness working with a diverse workforce is a must.
- Attention to detail, and follow through skills are essential.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple activities with changing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, policies and procedures and think creatively when problem solving.
- Be able to take projects to completion upon agreeing that they will be done.
- Ability to apply common sense and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Able to investigate complaints or concerns and partner with HR Director and agency Managers to get it resolved and interface with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain information in confidence.
SAY San Diego, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.