Donate a Hope Kit and brighten lives!
Thank you very much for your interest in brightening the holidays for San Diego children and families. Each Hope Kit includes 10 unwrapped, new items that we distribute as gifts to children and families on our waiting lists. Sign up to donate as many Hope Kits as you’d like. Feel free to mix and match! And don’t worry if you are not able to complete a full Hope Kit. No donation is too small!
Donations will be accepted December 12, 14, and 15.
Click here to sign up now to donate a Hope Kit.
Hope Kit Examples:
- Bed & Bath Basics (linens, towels)
- Kitchen Basics (utensils, potholders, kitchen towels)
- Warmth Kit (jackets, coats, blankets)
- New Baby Kit (diapers, onesies, bibs)
- 10 toys or teen gifts (suggested value of $15-25 each)
- 10 gift cards for groceries or clothing (suggested value of $20-50 each)
- Do you accept cash donations? Yes! Cash contributions are always welcomed. Click here to donate today!
- Do you accept used items? No. Please donate only NEW and unwrapped items.
- Do I wrap my donations? No. Please donate only NEW and unwrapped items. SAY provides families with wrapping paper and gift bags.
- Who gets the donations? Hope Kit donations are distributed by SAY staff and partners to youth and families in our programs who need it most. We also distribute items through our resource centers in City Heights, Southeastern San Diego, and our Military Family Resource Center in Tierrasanta.
- Can I adopt a family? Like many other organizations, SAY no longer offers the adopt a family option because we wish to help more families. Our Hope Kits program allows us to be more responsive to the unique needs of many more children and families.
- Do you offer other drop off dates? This year’s drop off dates are December 12, 14, and 15. Please mark your calendars!
- Can I contribute new items that are not on the list? Please inquire first:
Click here to sign up to donate a Hope Kit.