The Clinician I provides individual counseling, group counseling and crisis intervention services to adults in reentry or probation in the community. The Clinician I will be part of a team recognized as treatment leaders in evidence based practice utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Referrals come directly from probation. See complete job description and requirements. The contract for this role ends 12/31/21 with the potential of renewal.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications):
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field. MSW/LCSW preferred. License eligible. LCSW/MFT licensing supervisions provided
- Direct experience/expertise in working with clients involved in the justice system, substance abuse, gang activity, and criminality
- Experience in providing casework/case management services
- Access to reliable transportation and willing to use it for job-related tasks
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Available some (three) weeknights for programming
- Knowledge and experience working with minority populations
- Strong clinical skills in individual and group therapy
- Skilled in providing clinical supervision to interns and student trainees
- Have and maintain positive and supportive relationships with coworkers
- Maintain accurate knowledge about the agency, its programs and service
- Accurately represent the agency to and maintain positive working relationships with the general public, clients, funding sources, government bodies, etc.
- Communicate positive and negative feedback from the community through your supervisor to management
- Utilize appropriate opportunities to purse positive public relations for the agency