SAY is currently looking for SITE SUPERVISORS at innovative before and after school programs located on elementary & middle school campuses in the San Diego Unified School District. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the daily operation and management of before and after school program: the coordination of overall program activities, the on-site supervision of student interactions, and monitoring of attendance, academic and enrichment activities/special events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and supervise an Extended Day after school until 6:00 p.m. (Before school if applicable).
- Plan, coordinate, and implement age-appropriate educational, recreational, social, and multi-cultural activities for children.
- Engage in a variety of indoor and outdoor activities including any or all of the following: physical fitness, organized sports, academic projects, fine arts and practical arts.
- Adhere to guidelines set forth by regulatory agencies and funding sources including but not limited to CCL, SDUSD and County.
- Supervise children and ensure their safety at all times.
- Supervise program teachers, teacher’s aides, volunteers, and/or interns as required.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications):
- Minimum experience of one year (1 – 4 yrs. preferred), in the supervision and management of educational, and recreational programs for children ages 5 – 14 years old.
- A minimum of 48 college-level units OR 12 units in child development or related fields OR able to pass the CAPE (Classroom Assistant Proficiency Exam).
- Knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office.
- Current CPR and First Aide must be provided within 30 days of employment.
- Favorable pre-employment DOJ/FBI fingerprinting clearance and child abuse index processing required.
- Favorable pre-employment TB test and health screening required.
- Immunization Records (Influenza, Pertussis and Measles) must be provided within 30 days of employment.
- Access to reliable transportation required.
- Have a driving record that complies with SAY Driving Policies