Founded in 1971 SAY San Diego has been making a difference for children, families, and communities for more than 46 years. SAY San Diego first opened its doors in with one paid employee, a budget of $1,500, and the goal of providing prevention services to struggling youth. Since then SAY San Diego has evolved from a single focused organization to what we are today: an agency whose work encompasses over 30 programs strengthening the whole child, whole family, and whole community. SAY serves more than 50,000 San Diegans annually.
- Before and after school programs and preschools
- Juvenile delinquency prevention and diversion
- Child abuse prevention and family support
- Mental health counseling, case management, and youth development
- Access to health care, employment, and self-sufficiency
- Collaborative partnerships for military families, refugee families, and more
- Alcohol, tobacco, and substance abuse prevention
SAY San Diego advances the vision of opportunity, equity, and well-being for all San Diegans. We partner with youth, adults, families, and communities to reach their full potential.