Empowering confident young men to achieve a healthy, productive, meaningful, and successful life as leaders and well-rounded citizens.
Focused Learning and Empowered Excellence (FLEX) offers useful information, skills, guidance, and support for young males becoming men. Participants have the opportunity to attend field trips, team building activities, college campus visits, and job readiness training. Mentoring and connection to local resources are provided among other incentives.
FLEX participants are involved in weekly group activities with SAY team members to:
- Prepare for increased success in school
- Work towards high school graduation
- Earn additional community service hours toward graduation
- Learn about volunteer opportunities
- Improve self-esteem
- Develop life skills
- Access additional resources