Youth, as future leaders and global citizens, learn and develop positive relationships with themselves and others, solve problems, build character, and maintain healthy lifestyles through group discussion and activities.
Fun Fact: All participants rated the program positively, many requesting longer and more frequent sessions.
Studies show a positive correlation between emotional intelligence and academic achievement. Through character development and education, Just Say I Know How (JSIKH) program activities teach self-control, emotional awareness, empathy, communication, and social problem solving. Through positive student and staff engagement, academic and social-emotional learning improves, and long-term positive behavioral shifts become evident.
Successes and Highlights:
- Staff report improved communication, active participation, better team work, improved coping and problem-solving skills, and a raised level of overall respectfulness among participants.
- Students report learning how to work as a team and get along, developing friendships, and making connections with others.
- Participants learn to recognize bullying, from others and one’s self, and to make the choice to treat others with kindness.
- All participants rated the program positively, many requesting longer and more frequent sessions.
- Program impact includes self-control, emotional awareness, communication, and social problem solving.
Partners: Programing is offered in partnership with SAY’s before- and after-school program sites within the San Diego Unified School District
Sign Up Today! This program is offered to elementary school students in grades 3–5 enrolled in SAY San Diego’s before- and after- school programs.