SAY San Diego: A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
SAY San Diego has been selected as a Top Workplace Award winner for 5 years in a row, qualifying SAY as one of the best places to work in San Diego, based on employee surveys.
SAY San Diego partnerships and services address the comprehensive needs of the entire individual or family rather than focusing on one symptom or problem. SAY engages the community to work collaboratively and works with systems such as law enforcement, schools, and local government to create positive change. SAY San Diego’s holistic approach enriches youth, empowers individuals and families, and engages communities.
See Why We Love SAY and start a Career with Us!
Check out our SAY Benefits Sheet for a list of our comprehensive and competitive benefits.
In our list of current job openings below, links to full job descriptions are available for each position if applicable.
SAY’s Open Positions
SAY is currently looking for SITE SUPERVISORS at innovative before and after school programs located on elementary & middle school campuses in the San Diego Unified School District. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the daily operation and management of before and after school program: the coordination of overall program activities, the on-site supervision of student interactions, and monitoring of attendance, academic and enrichment activities/special events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and supervise an Extended Day after school until 6:00 p.m. (Before school if applicable).
- Plan, coordinate, and implement age-appropriate educational, recreational, social, and multi-cultural activities for children.
- Engage in a variety of indoor and outdoor activities including any or all of the following: physical fitness, organized sports, academic projects, fine arts and practical arts.
- Adhere to guidelines set forth by regulatory agencies and funding sources including but not limited to CCL, SDUSD and County.
- Supervise children and ensure their safety at all times.
- Supervise program teachers, teacher’s aides, volunteers, and/or interns as required.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications):
- Minimum experience of one year (1 – 4 yrs. preferred), in the supervision and management of educational, and recreational programs for children ages 5 – 14 years old.
- A minimum of 48 college-level units OR 12 units in child development or related fields OR able to pass the CAPE (Classroom Assistant Proficiency Exam).
- Knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office.
- Current CPR and First Aide must be provided within 30 days of employment.
- Favorable pre-employment DOJ/FBI fingerprinting clearance and child abuse index processing required.
- Favorable pre-employment TB test and health screening required.
- Immunization Records (Influenza, Pertussis and Measles) must be provided within 30 days of employment.
- Access to reliable transportation required.
- Have a driving record that complies with SAY Driving Policies
Case Manager – Dads Corps
Under the Supervision of SAY San Diego’s Dads Corps Program Director and Program Manager, the Case Manager is responsible for the support and coordination of SAY San Diego’s Dads Corps. The Case Manager will be experienced in direct client services, family support services, multi-disciplinary case management, community development, and supervision. This position requires independent judgment, creativity, and adaptability. See complete job description and requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and/or related Social Science, Associate’s Degree in a related field, or 2 years equivalent case management work experience
- Experience working with diverse populations with varying backgrounds
- Prior Military Service or prior experience working with military is preferred, but not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Access to reliable transportation with current car insurance
- Computer literate & proficiency of Microsoft Office package
- Ability to manage multiple demands and prioritize when needed
- Knowledge and experience of San Diego, its resources and services
- Strong customer service skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work some nights and weekends, as needed
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Capable of working both independently and collaboratively.