Inclusion Aides encourage child participation in after school activities. Special education background and experience with the process of including children with special needs in an after school program.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications):
- Minimum 6 months experience in the supervision/management of children.
- Special education, child or youth development background.
- Experience providing inclusive programs to children
- 48 college units completed OR a passed CAPE test OR 12 units in Child Developement or related major.
- Personality and character traits suited to the care of children with special needs.
- Knowledge of and ability to recognize limitations of children.
- Favorable pre-employment TB test and health screening required.
- Favorable pre-employment DOJ/FBI fingerprinting clearance and child abuse index processing required.
- Current CPR and First aid certificate must be provided within 30 days of employment.
- Immunization Records (influenza, pertussis and measles) within 30 days of employment.
- Access to reliable transportation required.