Youth Leaders assist with the implementation of the Extended Day, before and after school programs (Elementary or Middle School), on a public school site within the San Diego Unified School District. Actively participate with children in a variety of indoor and outdoor activities including any or all of the following: physical fitness, organized sports, academic projects, fine arts, and practical arts.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications):
- A minimum of 6 months experience in the supervision and management of groups of children ages 5-14 years old.
- 48 college units completed OR a passed CAPE test OR 12 units in Child Development or related major.
- Favorable pre-employment TB test and health screening required.
- Favorable pre-employment DOJ/FBI fingerprinting clearance and child abuse index processing required.
- Current CPR and First aid certificate must be provided within 30 days of employment.
- Immunization Records (influenza, pertussis and measles).
- Access to reliable transportation required.