The Behavior Specialist position is directly responsible to a Senior Program Director. The Behavior Specialist will work with Preschool staff as well as Before and After School program staff to develop and implement behavior and prevention support strategies for children. This position will be required to work on site conducting observations and assessments, provide social-emotional educational groups for students as well as provide training and support to program staff on effective behavior management skills for students. See complete job description and requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Work, or related field preferred.
- Two years’ experience working with children and staff in the human services field
- Strong foundation in applied behavior analysis and understanding of behavior characteristics associated with behavior disorders in children.
- Favorable pre-employment DOJ and FBI fingerprint clearance and child abuse index processing.
- Favorable pre-employment drug, TB and Health Screen.
- Immunization records (influenza, pertussis, and measles) must be provided within 30 days of employment.
- Current Pediatric CPR and First Aid Certification must be provided within 30 days of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Have and maintain positive and supportive relationships with coworkers.
- Maintain accurate knowledge about the agency, its programs and services.
- Accurately represent the agency to and maintain positive working relationships with the general public, clients, funding sources, government bodies, etc.
- Must be able to relate well to all people of the community regardless of color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability of socio-economic level.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and be willing to use if for job related tasks.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and responsibly.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.