SAY San Diego’s mission is to partner with youth, adults, families, and communities to reach their full potential. Our vision is opportunity, equity and well-being for all San Diegans.
What We Do
SAY San Diego partnerships and services address the comprehensive needs of the entire individual or family rather than focusing on one symptom or problem. SAY engages the community to work collaboratively and works with systems such as law enforcement, schools, and local government to create positive change. SAY San Diego’s holistic approach enriches youth, empowers individuals and families, and engages communities.
To see a snapshot of SAY’s impact, click here for our agency video.
- Alcohol, tobacco, and substance abuse prevention
- Before and after school programs, preschools, and school readiness
- Child abuse prevention and family support
- Collaborative partnerships for military families, refugee/immigrant families, students, parents, and more
- Family strengthening and self-sufficiency
- Foster care and kinship parenting support
- Juvenile delinquency prevention and diversion
- Mental health counseling, case management, adult services, and youth development Access to health care, employment, and self-sufficiency
History: Strengthening the Whole Child, Whole Family, Whole Community since 1971
SAY San Diego has been making a difference for children, families, and communities for nearly 50 years. SAY first opened its doors in 1971 with one paid employee, a budget of $1,500, and the goal of providing prevention services to struggling youth. Since then SAY San Diego has evolved from a single focused organization to what we are today: an agency whose work encompasses more than 30 programs strengthening the whole child, whole family, and whole community.