July 6, 2020
SAY San Diego continues to adhere to the local and state guidelines for the re-opening of our Child and Youth Development programs. For the health and safety of our participants and our staff we want to ensure that we can re-open with everything in place needed to protect children and staff, while also providing a fun and enriching program.
Unfortunately, we have been notified that schools will remain closed over the summer. This means we are unable to offer Camp Move at Dingeman and STEAM Camp for Birney Intersession this summer. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for your family. We wish we could be at our summer programs to engage with your children in fun and healthy ways to promote life- long healthy habits and we look forward to the day when we can do this together soon.
We are currently in the planning stages for reopening in the fall when schools begin again. We will update parents as these plans are finalized. If you have additional questions please email us at to let us know.
Stay Safe and Be Well!
SAY San Diego
Child and Youth Development Team
Since 1983, SAY San Diego has been providing before and after school care programs that are licensed by the Department of Social Services, Community Care licensing at a number of sites in the San Diego Unified School District.
Through the licensed before and after school program, SAY ensures high-quality, well-supervised enrichment programs for school-age children. We offer a balance of activities that provide a creative, educational and recreational experience for children 5 to 12 years of age, including homework assistance, sports activities, arts & crafts, and psychosocial education designed to develop self-esteem and teach skills to resist peer pressure.
Enrollment is open to all students attending the host elementary school. Fees vary depending on the specific site. Discounts are available for additional children in the same family. Financial assistance may be available for eligible families.
Our licensed before and after school programs are located at 17 elementary schools within the San Diego Unified School District.
Due to licensing guidelines, each site is licensed for a predetermined enrollment number so after we have reached our maximum number of children we will create a wait list.
FALL REGISTRATION FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2020-2021
Fall Registration Begins March 2nd – 20th for Currently Enrolled Families as of Feb. 14th.
$50 annual non-refundable fee is required for School-Age Programs. $200 annual non-refundable instructional fee is required for Pre-School Programs.
OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR NEW FAMILIES WILL BEGIN APRIL 6TH, 2020 at 8am. Enroll Here
If you are interested in enrolling for our current school year, please email or call (858) 565-4148 ext. 229.
- Birney 4345 Campus Ave., 92103
- Curie 4080 Governor Dr., 92122
- Dingeman 11838 Scripps Creek Dr., 92131 (located in the modular building at the end of the parking lot)
- Dingeman TK same as above
- Dingeman Annex 11838 Scripps Creek Dr., 92131 (located on campus, B20 and the library)
- Dingeman Annex TK same as above
- Doyle 8175 Regents Rd., 92122 (located in the Rec Center)
- Einstein 3035 Ash St., 92102
- Ellen Browning Scripps 11778 Cypress Canyon Rd., 92131
- Ellen Browning Scripps TK 11778 Cypress Canyon Rd., 92131
- Foster 6550 51st St., 92120
- Jefferson 3770 Utah St., 92104
- Jerabek 10050 Avenida Magnifica, 92131
- Kate Sessions 2150 Beryl St., 92109
- Kumeyaay 6475 Antigua Blvd., 92124
- Marvin 5720 Brunswick St., 92120
- Miramar Ranch 10770 Red Cedar Dr., 92131
- Standley/Spreckels 6298 Radcliffe Dr., 92122 (located on Standley Middle School campus)
- Sunset View 4365 Hill St., 92107
- Tierrasanta 5450 La Cuenta, 92124
To view a list of our PrimeTime locations click here.