Since 1983, SAY San Diego has been providing before and after school care programs that are licensed by the Department of Social Services, Community Care licensing at a number of sites in the San Diego Unified School District.
Through the Licensed before and after school program, SAY ensures high-quality, well-supervised childcare for school-age children. We offer a balance of activities that provide a creative, educational and recreational experience for children 5 to 12 years of age, including homework assistance, sports activities, arts & crafts, and psychosocial education designed to develop self-esteem and teach skills to resist peer pressure.
Enrollment is open to all students attending the host elementary school. Fees vary depending on the specific site. Discounts are available for additional children in the same family. Financial assistance may be available for eligible families.
Licensed child care programs are located at 18 elementary schools within the San Diego Unified School District.
Due to licensing guidelines, each site is licensed for a predetermined enrollment number so after we have reached our maximum number of children we will create a waitlist. If you are interested in registering for enrollment or the waitlist please return the registration form with your processing fee. This does not guarantee enrollment; if there is a waitlist, you will be notified as space becomes available.
REGISTRATION FOR THE UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR 2016 – 2017
- Birney 4345 Campus Ave., 92103
- Curie 4080 Governor Dr., 92122
- Dingeman 11838 Scripps Creek Dr., 92131 (located in the modular building at the end of the parking lot)
- Dingeman TK same as above
- Dingeman Annex 11838 Scripps Creek Dr., 92131 (located on campus, B20 and the library)
- Dingeman Annex TK same as above
- Doyle 8175 Regents Rd., 92122 (located in the Rec Center)
- Einstein 3035 Ash St., 92102
- Ellen Browning Scripps 11778 Cypress Canyon Rd., 92131
- Ellen Browning Scripps TK 11778 Cypress Canyon Rd., 92131