SAY San Diego’s preschool centers promote, nurture, and enhance all areas of children’s development. The programs provide safe, secure, flexible, and stimulating environments, supported by warm and caring staff responsive to the children’s emerging needs, interests, growth, and self-esteem. The SAY team partners with families, school, and community to meet the needs of the whole child. When children attend preschool they are more prepared for kindergarten. On average, children gain about a third of a year of additional learning across language, reading, and math skills.
Registration for the Upcoming School Year 2018/2019
Priority Registration for School Year 2018-2019 for our Preschool Programs will be from April 2 – April 20. This priority period is open to current enrolled families. Current enrolled families may inquire with the Site Supervisor for more information in accessing our new online system.
Currently enrolled families will be notified by June 1 of their status for school year 2018-2019 (enrolled, wait list, pending) via email.
More information for NEW registrants will be available once Priority Registration is closed. Please check back on April 30.
Fall registration for school year 2018-2019 will be ONLINE as indicated in the above dates.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience as we launch this exciting new online registration system.
If you wish to enroll for the current school year 2017-2018, or have questions or concerns, please contact us at gro.o1532263581geidn1532263581asyas1532263581@smar1532263581gorpy1532263581added1532263581netxe1532263581yas1532263581.
SAY Preschools serve children age 2–5. Click on the specific center links above to view location schedules, pricing, enrollment, and eligibility information. SAY’s Preschool Program offers a culturally and developmentally appropriate curriculum with a balance of activities designed to foster creativity, independent thought, and a positive self-concept.
- Computer Lab: young children build literacy skills while learning computer technology. This is a vitally important tool crucial for young children’s academic success.
- Art and Music: Arts curriculum provides opportunities for children to explore a variety of mediums and encourages creativity. Critical thinking skills are developed as children discover how art materials and musical instruments work.
- Science and Nature: Teachers utilize the classroom as well as the outdoors to teach children to care about the earth and our environment. Through exploration children test their predictions, make comparisons, and explore their world.
- Language and Listening: Language exposure encourages early reading skills and develops children into lifelong readers. Children begin to experiment with letter sounds and creating symbols.
- World Languages: Language curriculum provides opportunities for children to hear and experience different cultures first hand through songs, rhymes, and art.
Successes and Highlights:
Robust evidence shows huge benefits of preschool to children’s socio-emotional development and health:
- Stimulates interactions that support learning, social, and emotional development.
- Improves children’s early language, literacy, and mathematics.
- Grows and prepares youth for kindergarten and ongoing school success.
The Desired Results System has been established by the California Department of Education (CDE), Child Development Division (CDD) to ensure program quality. The Desired Results System consists of the following goals:
- Children are personally and socially competent
- Children are effective learners
- Children show physical and motor competence
- Children are safe and healthy
- Families support their child’s learning development
- Families achieve their goals
Partners: Preschools are offered in partnership with San Diego Unified School District. See specific center site links for pricing.