In 2016, every job-seeking participant landed a position!
Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) coaches partner with unemployed or under-employed San Diegans looking to explore new personal and professional opportunities. Whether you need emergency assistance, help increasing your income, job training, further education, free tax preparation, or guidance finding a new job or career, SAY is here!
FSS Services Include:
- Job readiness, resume writing, coaching, job placement and retention
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) free tax preparation services
- Assistance with CalFresh and Medi-Cal applications
- Financial education
- Emergency shelter services
- Emergency food assistance Monday to Friday, 8:30m.–11:00 a.m. (open to all regardless of income)
- Nutrition education classes (eligibility: income level at or below 185% of the federal poverty guidelines)
SAY’s FSS program partnered with 427 individuals from 175 families last year!